Here’s a recipe that gives you everything you want in a soup: organic grains, nutritious veggies, and a rich, savory broth. It’s the perfect way to warm up on cool evenings—or when you simply want a hearty, delicious bowl of goodness.
- 1 cup cut-up summer squash
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In 5-quart Dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, carrots and garlic in hot oil 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
Stir in remaining ingredients except spinach and Parmesan cheese. Heat to boiling; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; heat through.
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.